As a Friend of the dRC my contribution will:
- Help individuals with disabilities that are homeless or living in institutions move into independent housing.
- Help dRC advocate with local, county and state government officials to address the barriers preventing people with disabilities to live independently.
- Will help create new programs and services to empower people with disabilities to live independently and inclusively in our community.
- Demonstrate my commitment to creating a more inclusive community!!
- Be tax–deductible
As a Friend of the dRC you will receive:
- Current legislative updates, ADA reports and other issues affecting people with disabilities.
- E-Alerts on new services and activities for people with disabilities in our service area.
- dRC Monthly newsletter.
Please consider the following donation options:
- Unrestricted Donation
- Planned Gifts
- In-Kind Gifts (durable medical equipment, gently used technology equipment etc…)
- Corporate Sponsorships
- A 10 Ride pass for use on WAVE transit
- 1 month Personal hygiene basket for males (includes toiletries and other personal hygiene items that can’t be purchased with Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Men’s haircuts
- Female haircuts/style
- 1 month Personal hygiene basket for females – $40.00 (includes toiletries and other personal hygiene items that can’t be purchased with Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Avg. request for help paying a water bill for a single consumer
- Avg. prescription assistance for one prescription for an uninsured individual
- A 31 day pass for unlimited use of WAVE transit
- Avg. request for help paying an electric bill for a single consumer
- Avg. request for help to pay rent to avoid eviction
Volunteer Your Time: Make a difference in your life by reaching out to people with disabilities in your community.
disAbility Resource Center offers a multitude of volunteer opportunities
- Clerical assistance
- Data Entry
- Graphic design
- Promotional writing
- Event planning & hosting
Other opportunities are available
disAbility Resource Center provides volunteers with a variety of interesting and challenging options. If you would like more information about volunteer please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 910-815-6618 or complete and mail in the volunteer application below.